Apex R5 M12 Carbine GEN2
The R-Series is the next evolution in Apex's mission to bring you a feature packed AEG at a surprisingly good price. The R-Series is centered on a new aggressive receiver design, one that instantly differentiates the Apex brand from the multitudes of M4 clones on the market. The R-series receiver combines practical function with updated combat rifle styling. All controls are fully ambidextrous.
Internally, the R-Series uses the same gearbox as the Mark 13 series, but with the electric blowback function removed to better battery performance and piston lifespan. A 6.03mm tightbore barrel and metal rotary hop up unit comes standard. Every carbine length R-Series shoots approximately 400 fps, and every CQB length R-Series shoots approximately 360 fps.
The new GEN2 builds on the R5 platform and incorporates numerous enhancements to the internal function of the gun. All gearbox polymer parts have been replaced with a high heat tolerant polymer, including the trigger switch and piston. The gears have been upgraded to a wirecut steel gearset for superior durability over powder metallurgy or casting techniques. The low resistance wiring now features a MOSFET circuit which bypasses the trigger switch, resulting in superior battery efficiency, trigger response, and heat management. A high efficiency Deans plug is standard, although a mini-Tamiya plug adapter is included to provide maximum flexibility for battery types.
Please note: the original R5 M12 has been discontinued.
The Apex R-Series builds on its tradition of being Always Predator, Never Prey.
- Premium metal body with bolt lock function, laser cut markings and individual serial numbers
- One piece metal rotary adjustable hopup unit
- Reinforced metal gearbox with quick change main spring system and radiused cylinder cuts
- 9mm bearing bushings and high torque steel gears
- High torque motor
- In-line MOSFET
- 5 position tactical battery stock
- Full metal railed thin profile handguard
- Ambidextrous magazine release
- Ambidextrous selector switch
- Ambidextrous bolt catch
- Flip up iron sights (adjustable)
- Flat top receiver
- Rear receiver sling loops
- 300 round metal high capacity magazine
- Deans plug standard with mini-Tamiya plug adapter
- Velocity 390-400 fps (0.20g BB)
- Average rate of fire 900 rpm with 9.6V battery
- AMP draw 12-14 amps on full auto
- Length: 770 mm
- Weight: 2.7 kg
- Barrel Length: 339 mm